HowTo install Expressgate on USB
I have personally witnessed a live presentation of ExpressGate on the EeeBox before and it was impressive.
It has number of limitations compared to a full booted-up netbook, but it can just offer you anything you need as far as mobility is concerned. You can do Internet surfing, chatting, check emails. Before, it comes along with the motherboard. N
ow you can have it on your USB flash drive, perfect as an alternative OS for quick internet access.
Here are the requirements before you can install ExpressGate on a USB.
- A bit of knowledge about Linux.
- At least 512 MB USB Flash drive.
- A copy of ExpressGate which can be downloaded here
Steps about the installation process is detailed very well on Kinox’s site.
- How to install Windows 7 on Netbooks
- How to install Windows XP on Eee PC and netbooks, made easy
- EeePCLinuxOS: How to install
- HowTo Fix Fn-F5 toggle on Eee PC running Windows XP
- How to create Google Chrome OS Live USB
Last updated: April 13, 2012 |