How To Install T500 on Asus Eee PC
While the release of the Eee PC 901 Atom-powered processor has been announced officially (DigiTimes), it’s not the same with 3.5G version. A question during the Press Launch in Manila was raised by Yuga if they are going to release 3.5G version in the future and the answer was clearly NO. But the good thing is, Ethan Hung (Asus Exec) confirmed that 3.5G is already available, though not integrated internally with the coming versions.
Now, if you happen to have the T500 3.5G card for the Eee PC already, here’s how to install it.
Installing in Linux (Xandros)
- Download the .deb package from Asus Support (look under Utilities)
- Copy .deb file to home directory (tip: use XandrosFileManager)
- Open terminal and navigate to /home/user>
- Install the .deb by typing “sudo dpkg
- EeePCLinuxOS: How to install
- Installing eeeXubuntu – step by step guide
- How To install Ubuntu 8.10 on Eee PC
- How to install Beryl on Asus Eee PC?
- Asus Eee Download Center now Live but not really
Last updated: October 26, 2011 |