Asus, a notch down to Acer, to step up in 2009
This week, Acer was announced the leading netbook in 3Q08 sales, leaving the whole big family of Eee PCs behind by approximately 8% on market shares. This was rather a milestone for Acer not just because they got to the top, but getting to the top with a single model released, in 4 different colors. Way to go, Acer.
Meanwhile, to gain back what they just lost, Asustek targets 44 percent unit sales in 2009 for their netbooks. This I learned from Liliputing.
Overall, netbook shipments surge over 160% in 3Q08. Shall we expect higher numbers in 2009?
- Netbooks still play ‘BIG role’ in the computing market
- HowTo add HSDPA to Acer Aspire One
- 11.6″ Acer Aspire One gets Official
- BenQ targets larger market share in 2009
- Acer’s Android Netbook will ship with Windows
Last updated: April 14, 2011 |